London Based Team17 Software Ltd. announced today the release of a high-definition Worms App for the Apple iPad on the App Store.
Worms HD for iPad will bring a crazy mix of iconic and classic weapons that will entertain you for hours with the action-strategy elements of the game.
This new addition to the iPad is a console-style edition of the award-winning series. The game features the classic "Worms" weapons and the infamous Holy Hand Grenade and Concrete Donkey. Worms HD for iPad utilizes the innovative Multi-Touch user interface of the iPad and offers high-quality graphics and special effects.
Studio Head of Team 17, Martyn Brown, said that Worms is perfectly suited to a casual platform such as the iPad, and that it is quite possibly the best hand held Worms experience to date. He also explained that features such as the ability to pass and play (with the screen flipping for the other players) hark back to the game's social roots, and that they look forward to deliver more titles for what has quickly become a popular gaming platform.
Features of the Worms HD game for iPad include:
• 50 challenges plus Body Count & Quick Play modes for the single player and up to 4-player hot-seat multiplayer support with random level creation.
• Authentic Worms action with crisp high definition (native 1024x768) visuals.
• 26 Weapons, tools and utilities including classic Worms weapons & iconic favorites such as the Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Sheep and Ninja Rope.
• Six great themes with thousands of randomly generated levels for unbelievable replay value.
• A range of 10 game-play modes offering a range of game styles from traditional, hard-core, explosive, faster paced or deeper strategy.
• Create and name your own Worms. Give them a range of wacky voices & gravestones.
• Unlock new voices and rewards as you play through the single player challenges.
• Utilises the devices’ innovative Multi-Touch user interface
• iPod music support lets users play music from their own library in game.
• Flip the screen! Great for coffee-table play given the support of the screen orientation feature.
• Save game status on quit. This feature automatically saves to the last turn if you exit the app and is great for longer battles and for saving your single player progress.
• Full language support for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch & Japanese.
The new Worms HD game for the iPad is now available for purchase from the Apple App Store for only 2.99 GBP.