Activision Publishing is very excited to unveil Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, which will be the latest installment in the most popular music and rhythm game series in the world. The game will deliver an all-new Story-Driver Quest Mode, which will once again redefine the music gaming, and a completely redesigned guitar controller inspired by Rock. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will have the biggest yet on-disk selection of rock music ever seen in a Guitar Hero game, and a challenge-starved Quickplay+, which will test the skills of the rock fanatics in any of the on-disc or Guitar Hero Library songs.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will offer players the complete interactive, social and connected experience which will bring friends and foes face-to-face on the stage in the ultimate rock music adventure.
Chief Operating Officer of Guitar Hero, David Haddad, said that Guitar Hero has set the standard for music based gaming, and that with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and the all-new Quest Mode, robust and authentic set list, over-the-top challenges and rock-inspired new hardware, they are once again bringing the soul and energy of rock and roll to fans worldwide.
Players will witness an epic journey from infamous punk-rock Clubs in New York City, to the "molten lava" fields of rock, in the all-new Quest Mode.
Gene Simmons of KISS stated that it was an honor and a privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.
Featuring thirteen totally unique gameplay challenges for every on-disc track as well as most downloadable songs from Guitar Hero World Tour, Quickplay+ will introduce and provide hundreds of hours of replayability. Guitar Hero fanatics will be able to take on challenges such as Band Streak, High Score and Power Challenge. They allow the players to choose any of the two warrior powers they have unlocked, and try to earn a ridiculous amount of high scores, and also rank up and unlock more rewards and content. The all-new challenge leaderboards will record all the outrageous scores that are capable with Quickplay+.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will feature more than ninety tracks that feature guitar shredding hits from bands like Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Slipknot, Queen, Muse, Kiss and more. The first songs of the first track list in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock that are going to be revealed are:
* AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
* Anthrax – “Indians”
* Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
* Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
* Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
* Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace... Prepare For War”
* The Cure – “Fascination Street”
* Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
* Dethklok – “Bloodlines”
* Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
* DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
* Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
* Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
* Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
* Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
* The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
* Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
* Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
* KISS – “Love Gun”
* Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
* Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
* Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
* Muse – “Uprising”
* My Chemical Romance – “I'm Not Okay (I Promise)”
* Night Ranger – “ (You Can Still) Rock In America”
* Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
* The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
* Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
* Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
* The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
* Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
* Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
* Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
* Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
* ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”
In addition to all the amazing new features, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will also come with new show-stopping guitar controllers inspired and born from the unique art style of the game, delivering the next evolution of finger-fretting.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is developed by Neversoft Entertainment and published by Activision. The game is expected to release on the Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 video game consoles. The Nintendo Wii version of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will be developed by Vicarious Visions.
For more information visit GuitarHero.com.